PS Run Club Running Prep
Welcome to the Pure Sport Run Club Running Prep.
The most overlooked part of running!
An effective running prep will increase your performance and reduce your chances of injury.
In episode 1 of the Running Prep Series we are working on;
– Breathing & Core Activation
– Lower Body Activation
– Back, Hip & Hamstring Mobility
If you haven’t already, make sure you take the Pure Sport Run Club Testing Battery and also support your running performance and injury prevention with the Pure Sport Run Club Strength Series.
Technique Cues: Clean First Pull
- Start Position – Weight distributed through the ball to mid of the foot -Bar inline with the armpit crease -Bar behind the base of the big toe.
- Transition – Drive with the legs while maintaining a strong posture – Keep the bar close to your shins and
- End of First Pull -Weight distributed through the mid foot -Armpit crease above the bar & shins vertical
Meet Alex Morrell
Alex is a Physiotherapist and Performance Coach with over 8 years experience working within International & Professional sport.
He now runs his own Health & Performance company, Move Physiotherapy working with everyone from International Athletes to Weekend Warriors to resolve their injuries and optimise their performance.